I really enjoy January and these are the top 5 reasons why it's a great, fun time of year for me.
5. Cool weather. I live in the Houston area, so January offers a much loved break from the heat & humidity we have around here most of the time. I will take 70's and a windy day anytime.
4. Relax, reflect & reorganize. Time to wind down after the holiday season and look towards a new year with optimism. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but it is a good time to consider positive changes.
3. It's my birthday month. I think most of us enjoy our birthday. Having a special day just for yourself.
2. Lots of after Christmas Sales. I love to shop and if I can spend less, I can buy more. Makes perfect sense to me.
1. SALE-A-BRATION (SAB) time at Stampin Up. Talk about a bargain. What is more of a bargain than free products. For every $50 you spend from the Annual catalog or the recently released Occasions catalog you can earn a free SAB item. There are some great things to choose from, stamps sets, designer series paper, ribbon, embellishments and even a thinlets set (have a spend $100 for those).
The project I have for you today features a couple of the SAB products "Hello Cupcake" and "Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack". I am also using DSP from the Occasions Catalog "Gingham Gala 6x6 DSP". The great thing is the same five colors are in both the DSP and ribbon packs:
Dafodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather & Lemon Lime Twist.
All of the cards are on a standard A2 card base of thick Whisper White cardstock folded in a portrait presentation. Here are the measurements for each of the other pieces.
Background gingham strip - 2 3/4 x 5 1/2
Solid cardstock layering panel - 5th largest Rectangle Stitched Framelits (new in the occasions catalog)
Image panel - 4th largest Rectangle Stitched Framelits
Sentiment - the smallest circle from Stitched Shape Framelits (annual catalog)
The envelope flaps were cut by hand
I used the matching ink color to stamp the cupcake frosting, fussy cut them and popped them up on dimentionals. Used Crumb Cake for the cupcake base and Flirty Flamingo for the little heart.
Balmy Blue (my fav)
Lemon Lime Twist
Which of the colors in your favorite? Let me know in the comments. If you are interested in any of the products, click the catalog links on the side bar to take you to my online store. Remember for every $50 you spend, you can pick a free SAB item. If you don't have a catalog let me know or download the pdf's from my store. There are a couple of products that require a $100 purchase and I know for sure that we will see the thinlets set again, hint hint.
Thank you all for stopping by today. Let me know if you have any questions in comments or shot me an email. Have an awesome week.
Happy crafting. Jacqueline
Post a Comment